Our busy Liquor Hut store in Mount Maunganui is presently looking for staff. Multiple vacancies are available for the liquor Store Assistant role.
This business is open 7 days a week and the roles require working a variable roster, including night and weekend work.
About the role
This is an energetic and hardworking team that enjoys having tonnes of fun along the way. The job involves heavy lifting of boxes, customer service both on the floor and serving on the Point of Sale system, stocking shelves, and other jobs needed in the store. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Engage with customers, ask questions, and drive sales;
- Comply with the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act and Host Responsibility policies;
- Support the store manager with an array of operational tasks and projects, including stock ordering, stock takes, banking, cash handling, merchandising, and much more;
- Labeling goods and ensuring the correct price is displayed;
- Assisting the service delivery team with orders;
- Opening and closing of premises and associated security;
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards;
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service;
- Be courageous with being bold, innovative, and not afraid to take on any aspect of the role.
Skills, experience, and qualities required
- Friendly, Passionate, People-Person;
- Someone that has the motivation to achieve and improve continuously;
- A natural ability to build rapport with any customer and assist their buying decisions;
- Be physically fit, hardworking and reliable person with great attention to detail;
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own (unsupervised);
- A self-starter capable of working well by yourself on solo shifts and staying motivated;
- A passion for providing excellent customer service and always putting the customer first;
- Great communication skill;
- A positive attitude with the ability to problem solve;
- The ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure;
- High-energy individual with the ability to cope well in a very fast-paced environment;
- A passion for sales and prior sales experience in a similar environment is an added advantage;
- A current Duty Managers Certificate and LCQ is preferred but not necessary to start, however, you will need to complete this once starting.
Pay & Benefits
- Hourly rate starts from $27.80 for full-time, permanent roles with a minimum of 30 hours guaranteed and a maximum of 60 hours
- Great opportunity for growth.
To be considered for this role applicants MUST upload a cover letter and CV as well as written references confirming work experience. Simply stating “references available on request” won’t be acceptable as they are being requested.
No. of Positions : 2
We look forward to hearing from you. Applications close 6th December 2023 at 5 pm